The recent news of weathering away of HP Touch Pad without webOS flooded many android lovers; HP took a new hype of HP running Cyanogen Mod 7 successfully. This is worked on 2.3 Android Gingerbread. As Cyanogen Mod 7 is popular among the android users, it also released Ice Cream Sandwich based Cyanogen Mod 9 for the new HP Touch Pad. AsCyanogen Mod 9 is still on alpha stage, there is no official support by Cyanogen Mod Team.
For installing Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich on HP Pad-
The requirements are –
- On media partition, HP Touch Pad of eternal memory 2GB.
- Java is required, so install if you do not have it.
- Your computer should have Palm Novacom drivers already installed in it.
- Download and save the packages in your system, don’t disturb the files-
- Cyanogen Mod 9- alpha zero
- Clockwork-Mod Recovery
- Moboot- gives you option to boot the tablet on webOS, Clockwork-Mod Recovery or Android
- Charger problems should be fixed and force close-issue of System User Interface, as well.
- Google applets
After installation of the following programs, follow the given instruction-
- Situate Novacom in your computer system; it is mostly located in C drive, Files Palm Inc.
- Now copy the Copy ACMEInstaller2 into folder
- Using USB drive connect the tablet to system
- Now find Touch Pad mounted as USB Drive, make a folder named “cminstall” on USB Drive.
- In the newly made folder “cminstall,” on the HP Touch Pad copy all the ZIP files.
- Update cm 9.0.0, RC0-alpha0 and Touchpad-fullofbugs.zip
- Update the cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip
- Moboot 0.3.5.zip
- Update the charger_systemui_fix-alpha0.zip
- Google apps 4.0.3 11.12.22.zip
- Now reboot the Touch Pad following the instruction given below-
- Click the home button from touch Pad
- A list of application will be displayed after you click the arrow icon.
- Go to Setting tab
- Open device info
- Click reset option
- Now restart
- After this screen power downs, now you have to press and keep holding the key of volume at the HP Touch Pad until USB icon appears.
- Now the computer system will search for the tablet and it will install all the necessary drivers. If your system already have Palm Novacom then, the drivers would be automatically installed.
- Unfold the command prompt
- Change the directory location of the movacom.exe
Type the commands given below as it is and don’t include any quotation marks” novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2″
- After the execution of the command, the tablet into Moboot will boot. A text will be displayed on the screen.
- Flare the charger & System UI file according to the given instruction-
- Restart your Touch Pad
- Select booting process from the Moboot menu in Clockwork-Mod Recovery.
- Select install zip and locate “update-charger_systemui_fix-alpha0.zip”
- Flashing will start after pressing the Home Button.
- Your system will automatically reboot after the installation is completed.
- Select “Boot – Cyanogen Mod” by volume key & press home button for further execution
Hence, you are completed with the installation of Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3 on HP Touch Pad.
The recent news of weathering away of HP Touch Pad without webOS flooded many android lovers; HP took a new hype of HP running Cyanogen Mod 7 successfully. With this phone having plenty of similarites to the Lumia 710, this phone works well anywhere. This is worked on 2.3 Android Gingerbread. As Cyanogen Mod 7 is popular among the android users, it also released Ice Cream Sandwich based Cyanogen Mod 9 for the new HP Touch Pad. AsCyanogen Mod 9 is still on alpha stage, there is no official support by Cyanogen Mod Team.