If you have an iPhone or an Android smartphone, you would be familiar with Instagram! The user base of this app is 15 million strong, and it is still expanding like anything. Therefore, what is in it that is so addictive surely the fact that it is a Twitter with photos and images as blog.
The app allows you to make your photos ‘cool’ by applying different filters and effects. You can share it with your friends in Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and other networks.
• Social networking- The Instagram network allows you to ‘follow’ people like Twitter but, unlike Twitter, you cannot verify whether the celebrities that you follow are actually them. You can set your photo stream to private too and approve the people who want to follow you.
• Sharing snaps- the social utility allows you to you can ‘heart’ and/or comment on photos shared by the people who you are following just like using Facebook! You can share it to other social networks too.
• Photo filters- most of the 17 filters offered may look ordinary but once you are in with it, they are intriguing and addictive.
• Snap and Edit- you can take photos inside the app, apply filters, and instantly share with the person who follows you.
Final Words-Pros and Cons
Instagram is the most robust photo sharing online social community and the interface is slick and attractive. It is easy to use, even allows geo-tagging as is immensely addictive.
Some things that you will not find enjoyable with the app:
• Most of the filters are somewhat monotonic; you cannot share over email or messaging.
• Services some people will not like the fact that they cannot save the photos you take inside the app to your device.
• You cannot re-share others’ posts.
• In addition, the app has a fragmented experience across different Android gadgets.
Category: Gadgets Review