Nokia is one of the old players in the mobile phone industry. Over the years, the mobile phone industry has seen several brilliant phones from Nokia. It was actually Nokia who revolutionized the mobile phone world by introducing smart phones with built-in camera and audio-video features.
In the recent years, other mobile phone manufacturers such as Apple, Samsung, Motorola, HTC, and BlackBerry have somewhat taken over Nokia. However, with the launch of Nokia 808 PureView – a 41 Megapixel camera phone, Nokia has hit back with a bang in the mobile phone market.
The new Nokia smart phone was launched at the World Mobile Congress 2012 in Barcelona Spain. The experts are of the opinion that this new Nokia smart phone is expect to give a new dimension to the Nokia mobile world. The Nokia 808 is the first of its kind to embed the PureView imaging technology featuring high-resolution sensors and optics from Carl Zeiss. It is also the first 41 Megapixel camera phone, an unimaginable and unmatchable delight for the photo capturers.
Technical Specifications of the New Nokia Smart Phone
- Symbian Bell operating system
- 1.3 GHZ single core CPU and 512 MB of RAM
- 16 GB internal storage with a capacity to extend it up to 48 GB
- 41 Megapixel camera phone with PureView imaging technology, which makes shooting possible even in dark
- High-resolution sensors and optics from Carl Zeiss
- 1080p full HD video recording
- Audio recording similar to CD quality
- Distortion-free audio recording up to 140 DB
- 4 inch nHD display with 360 * 640 resolution
- Built-in stereo music player with support for MP3, M4A, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, and WMA
- Dolby headphones for surround sounds
- Support for GSM and WCDMA carriers
- 41 Megapixel Camera Phone: In the Nokia mobile world, this new smart phone with 41 megapixel camera phone is sure to attract all high quality video shooters. With PureView imaging technology sensors and optics from Carl Zeiss, the phone’s camera is an intelligent piece. The best part of the camera is that it does not shoot images at 41 million pixels because that would lead to huge image size per click (almost 100 MB). So, it wisely takes only 7 pixels and transforms them to 1 pixel for ensuring great quality and absolutely no noise even if you zoom in.
- Full HD Video Recording: Nokia 808 phone is capable of recording full High Definition 1080p videos with superb quality. In addition, it allows you to zoom in the full HD video up to 4 times without any compromise with the quality.
- Flexibility to Shoot Images & Videos: The Nokia 808 PureView provides you with amazing flexibility for shooting videos and capturing images. It gives you the option to shoot videos and capture images at 2 Megapixels, 5 Megapixels, 8 Megapixels, and up to 38 Megapixels.
- CD Quality Audio Recording: The phone includes another rich media feature of CD quality audio recording. It is capable of recording distortion free audio up to 140 DB.
- Dolby Headphones: The Nokia 808 comes with Dolby headphones with surround sound.
- Stereo Music Player: The new Nokia smart phone comes with a built-in stereo music player that is capable of playing different formats.
- Mass Storage Device: The Nokia 808 comes with built-in memory storage and is capable of extending its storage capacity up to 48 GB. Thus, it gives you the flexibility to store music, videos, photographs, documents, games, and applications.
- Rich Applications: The new Nokia smart phone comes bundled with several applications including photo & video editors, camera manager, gallery, music player, calendar, contacts, Internet, games, Nokia store apps, maps, Office document viewers, mail, and web TV.
- Maximum Battery Performance: The Nokia 808 phone supports both GSM and WCDMA carriers. The talk time for GSM is 11 hours; whereas for WCDMA, it is 6.5 hours.
Features of the New Nokia Smart Phone
In all, the Nokia mobile world has given its consumers a feature-rich phone with some really unimaginable specifications. The Nokia 808 is seen by the industry as the successor of Nokia 8, which is predicted to be remembered by its users for its high performance camera for years to come. After having understood the technical specifications and features of the new Nokia smart phone, it’s now time to find out the pros and cons of the same.
Pros of the New Nokia Smart Phone
- Brilliant 41-MP camera capable of shooting high resolution images
- Zooming without compromising on quality
- Image modifications without compromising on the quality
- Dolby headphones with support for surround sound audio playback
- High definition video recording that can be zoomed in up to 4 times
- CD quality audio recording without the need of microphones
- Maximum talk time of up to 11 hours for GSM and 6.5 hours for WCDMA, which is not bad
- Mass storage capacity that can come in handy for storing chunks of data
- Average Single Core CPU of 1.3 GHZ and 512 RAM: The phone’s processor is pretty average as compared to the power of modern generation smart phones that come with either dual core or quad core processors.
- Ordinary 4 inch HD display. The phone’s display is average when compared with the brilliant displays that are offered by other manufacturers in the market.
- 360 * 640 Resolution: This leads to the doubt of whether the photographs and videos are displayed properly or not. However, the display is okay. Moreover, the images and videos need to be transferred on the computer to enjoy them at the fullest.
Cons of the New Nokia Smart Phone
The Launching Date
The Nokia 808 PureView can be released in May in Red, Black, and White starting in the United Kingdom. This Megapixel camera phone will be priced €450, which is not too much! Those who wish to have a light-weight SLR camera should consider buying this new Nokia smart phone.
Nokia 808 PureView is brilliant when it comes to shooting and audio recording functionality, but surely an average phone when it comes to its display, interface, and other basic functions. In short, it is a phone that has the potential to replace your digital camera for sure!