The Lumix TS3 is ideal for outdoor use and is extremely rugged. Many other useful features are also on the offering- a range of shutter speed that goes to up to 60 seconds, fast photo/video uploading, and GPS geo-tagging, and HD video facility. The waterproof camera costs $79.99 and comes with 1-year warranty.
The Panasonic Lumix TS3 is a complete outdoor camera. It is waterproof to a depth of 40 feet, shockproof to a height of 6 feet, dustproof and can withstand low temperatures of up to 14 ⁰F. The camera has all the geo-features like GPS tagging, altimeter, compass and a barometric sensor. Other nifty features include self-timer, red eye removal, color and balance, image stabilizer and panorama mode. The easy photo and video upload feature sets it up to upload to Facebook or YouTube as quickly as the camera is connected to a computer.
• Lens- 28 mm wide angle LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR, dual channel signal CCD camera
• Resolution- 12.1 MP with 4.6X optical zoom and maximum of 9.1X
• Autofocus- Sonic Speed AF
• Waterproof- water resistant, up to 40 feet below the water surface
• Shutter speed- shutter speed of 1/300 of a second supported by an image stabilizer and can be varied up to 60 seconds.
Pros and Cons
The waterproof camera has a 28 mm lens, which is much wider than the normal 35 mm lens seen in most digital cameras. The Panasonic Lumix TS3 has four scene modes for outdoor use- sports, snow, beach and snorkeling, and underwater. The 40 ft max depth is ideal for scuba diving and has an extremely fast shutter speed. The battery life is also extremely impressive.
It is durable and ideal for outdoor use, but you must use it carefully as the lenses can yet fog and the battery may still get damage due to wetting.