Samsung Blu-Ray Player gives a superb Blu-Ray video playback and comes with network multimedia streaming support too that was before available only in high-end Samsung gadgets. An affordable player with added feature that it is, it is not surprising that, in some areas, it does not give you outstanding performance. However, it does most things satisfactorily.
- Plays Blu-Ray, CD/DVD videos and BD features discs
- Supports live media streaming services like Netflix and Pandora
- Network connectivity through Ethernet
- Video- 1080p HD
- Audio- stereo mode
- Supports JPEG image playback
- Support popular DTS and Dolby Digital decoders of HD quality
The Samsung Blu-Ray Player movie playback quality of the Samsung BD-P1600 is excellent. With this device, live streaming of services, like Netflix and Pandora work perfect with speedy loading. The onboard decoding for Dolby TrueHD audio and DTS-HD Master audio makes it a delightful addition to your home theatre setup. The player will support Wi-Fi using a USB Wi-Fi adapter and it will connect via Ethernet easily. It can play some Blu-Ray movies that use the BD-Live feature, which connects to the internet because it is compatible with Profile 2.0.
Standard DVDs are converted up to 1080p before it is played, and it did not fare well. The remote is a disappointment too because it is not backlit, most buttons are small, but the setup button was a bit large- at least their positions were ideal. Another design issue concerns the flap over the front panel that snaps open when you eject the Samsung Blu-Ray Player drive it just stays open until you manually close it which can be extremely annoying.
- Wonderful but not mind-blowing playback to your HDTV
- Affordable choice with added feature of playing streaming services
- The design of the player is not up to the mark